Gold layered jewelry / Gemstones jewelry can be extremely delicate. Often handmade or with crystals and pearls set by hand, it’s imperative to treat it with the same level of care you would give to precious jewelry. Keep your jewels looking as fabulous as when you bought them with our top five tips on how to care for your jewelry.
Jewelry Care: Top Five Tips
1. Avoid contact with water: Known to affect the appearance of metal, stones, crystals and pearls, water can wear plating and cause discoloration. Protect your jewelry by removing cocktail rings to wash your hands and never wear any gold layered jewelry when you shower or swim.
2. Put it to bed: Just as we deserve a comfortable bed to sleep in, gold layered jewelry items should be carefully stored in their individual gift box to avoid scratching, damaging and to keep away from direct sunlight. If you prefer to keep all your jewels in one jewelry box, try to ensure it has large individual compartments as this will reduce tangling and knotting and store it in a cool place.
3. Keep it sparkling: To keep crystals sparkling, simply wipe very gently with a slightly damp cloth. You should rarely need to do this if you follow all other steps.
4. Spray Away: Always put on your perfume and cosmetics such as body lotion and ensure your skin is thoroughly dry to the touch, before putting on your gold Layered jewelry. Perfume will coat crystals causing them to lose their sparkle and instantly appear dull and will stain pearls whereas body lotion may affect plating where it comes into contact with the skin.
5. Fasten with Care: Ask a partner to fasten your bracelet rather than struggling to do it yourself. Holding your bracelet close to your body and pulling on clasps puts unnecessary strain on links.
CRYSTAL PURSE CARE
Swarovski crystal is a delicate material that must be handled with special care. Takaibyangela will not be held liable for any damages incurred after the receipt of products. To ensure that your Swarovski purse remains in the best possible condition over an extended period of time, please observe the advice below to avoid damage.
Make sure you dont miss interesting happenings by joining our newsletter program.